All 79 art Reviews

The Tree of Life The Tree of Life

this is intricate as fuck; a great deal of time and thought must have gone into it.
i very much like pieces like this because it allows us to interpret it in so many different ways because it is so complex.
nice job man

FaLk responds:

thanks man, yeah, thats exactly whats intended, the person interprets each image based on their current frame of mind.

Guess Who! Guess Who!

i thought it was a photograph.
great attention to detail however the top right bit doesn't look like it's completed or is it supposed to be like that.
top job!

Hands Hands

nice, good shading

so much flesh, its an orgy of hands. i have to do the same for my class but just not in as much detail.

krissalus responds:

Lol that's a pretty good description XD Hands can be a real pain to draw, even when you don't have to go into that much detail. Good luck with yours :)

We Can Find Paradise We Can Find Paradise

as a fan of DBZ...

i must say that this is badass. i really like the style of it, its like a non-anime depiction of DBZ. good job!

Valley of Dreams Valley of Dreams

fuckin hell.

how long did this take and with fuckin mechanical pencil as well? fml, very good job here man. i couldnt have the patience to do something like this lol you did well on the light being cast over the scenery from the sun. great work!

1600 responds:

I originally intended to do it in markers, but then the sketch sat around for a few weeks and I hadn't done anything with it so then I penciled the foremost house and realized that it would work better in pencil. In all it probably took me around 11-12 hours spread out across a month. (I work really slowly)

Battle Angel Alita - Fanart Battle Angel Alita - Fanart

nice, im a fan too!

i read the first manga, i still have to read the second one.

overall i think this is really well done. i dont know which is better, the background or alita herself. my only criticism is the face. it really doesnt look like her. it almost looks like a guys face actually. and you missed out on alitas trademark "octopus lips"

wasdfmonkey wasdfmonkey

ooh-ooh! ah-ah!

looks like a cross between a monkey, a lion, and gollum. you should post the original. well done!

Hoboweasel responds:

Thanks man! :) Cowboy Bebop fan? x)

Makoto Makoto

hahahaha

u know what? after seeing this i just now realized that Makoto is a girl! i always thought she was a boy and she was my favorite character on Third Strike along with Iori.
anyway this is nice, i like how u kept it simple and gave her that kick ass expression.

The REAL Manana!! The REAL Manana!!

i really dont know what to say about this..bizarre

did u purposely make the thumbnail so it would look like a scrotum? i was just wondering....

Breaktroll responds:

Hahahaha, what? I didn't even notice that!

hotjacolja. hotjacolja.

cool stuff

i really love the way you mixed up the colors in this. i also like how the foreground is just a silhouette. i just finished painting something myself, so keep an eye out for it in the portal!

Chrlinatro responds: